Assistant Treasurer KEWOPA,
Constitution Implementation Oversight Committee Member,
Budget Committee Member,
Catering Committee Member
- Date of Birth: 1st July 1971
- Marital Status: Married
- Contact Address: P. O. Box 72736 - 00200, Nairobi
- Religion: Christian
Current Commitee Membership
- Appointed as the UN Champion for disaster risk reduction in Africa, where her main role is to promote synergy between disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in Africa, and works closely with African parliamentarians to obtain political commitment to disaster risk reduction policies.
- Chair of the African Parliamentarian Initiative for Climate Risk Reduction (APICRR).
- Member of the Pan African Parliament, and Rapporteur in the committee on Gender, Family, Youth & People with disability-Pan African Parliament (PAP).
- Vice-chair of the African Parliamentarian’s Network against Corruption (APNAC).
- A champion for the Kenyan Disability Network.
- Special adviser to UNIFEM at the Kenya office.
- Vice Chairperson: African Parliamentary Network Against Corruption (APNACH), Kenya Chapter
- Assistant Treasurer: Kenya Women Parliamentary Association.
- Member, The Pan-African Parliament
- Life Member, League Of Kenya Women Voters
- Member: Kenya National Assembly Library Commitee
- Member: Kenya National Assembly Procedure and House Rules Commitee
2007 to Date: Nominated Member of Parliament
2004 to 2006: Administrator, Marion Schools
1994 to 2003: Enterprenuer (Dressence - Fashion & Design; Design 40 Interior Design)
- Hon. Rachel Shebesh has a background in design and is currently pursuing a degree in political science.
- 2007 to Date: B. A., Political Science, University of Nairobi
- 1991 - 1993: Diploma in design, London College of fashion and design
- 1986 - 1989: Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, Kianda School
- 1977 - 1985: Kenya Certificate of Primary Education, Lavington Primary School
Latest News on Hon Rachel Shebesh,MP
Rachel Shebesh appointed UN Rapporteur
Rachel Shebesh, Member of Parliament of the Republic of Kenya and Chair of the African Parliamentarian Initiative for Climate Risk Reduction, was appointed today as the UN International Strategy for Disaster Reduction champion for disaster risk reduction in Africa during the launch of the Black and Green, Ready to Lead campaign that took place at the Pan-African Parliament in Johannesburg, South Africa.........Read More